phone: +420 2 2435 5994
Main research areas
Radio resource management, D2D, cognitive radio
Pavel Mach received his MSc and PhD degree from the Czech Technical University in Prague in 2006 and 2010, respectively. At the present, he is a senior researcher at the Department of Telecommunication Engineering within the same university. He has been actively involved in several national and international projects funded by European Commission in FP6 and FP7 framework such as FIREWORKS, ROCKET, FREEDOM or TROPIC. In 2015, he has joined 5G mobile research lab funded at Czech Technical University in Prague focusing on key aspects and challenges related to future mobile networks and emerging wireless technologies. He has co-authored more than 50 papers in international journals and conferences. His research interest is related to radio resource management in emerging wireless technologies, device-to-device communication, cognitive radio and mobile edge computing.
Selected recent projects
- Combined Radio Frequency and Visible Light Bands for Device-to-Device communication (01/2017-12/2019)
- funded by Czech Science Foundation
- main roles: Interference management, selection of communication mode
- Mobile Edge Computing and Functional Splitting for Scheduling of Radio Resources (10/2016-09/2019)
- project funded by Foxconn
- main roles: Functional splitting
- Game theoretic aspects of wireless spectrum access (07/2016-06/2018)
- funded by MSMT
- main roles: Radio resource management for cognitive networks
Selected recent publications
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Energy-aware Dynamic Selection of Overlay and Underlay Spectrum Sharing for Cognitive Small cells", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2016, in press.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, T. Vanek, "In-Band Device-to-Device Communication in OFDMA Cellular Networks: A Survey and Challenges", IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 1-38, 2015.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Enhancement of Hybrid Cognitive Approach for Femtocells", IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC-Spring 2015), Glasgow, Scotland, 2015.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Cloud-aware power control for cloud-enabled small cells", IEEE Global Communications Confenrece (GLOBECOM 2014) workshops, 2014.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "Centralized dynamic resource allocation scheme for femtocells exploiting graph theory approach", IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), 2014, pp. 1479-1484, 2014.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, R. Bestak, "Handover of relay stations for load balancing in IEEE 802.16.", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 170-183, 2013.
- P. Mach, Z. Becvar, "QoS-Guaranteed Power Control Mechanism Based on the Frame Utilization for Femtocells", EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, vol. 2011, no. 2011, pp. 1-16, 2011.
- Z. Becvar, P. Mach, B. Simak, "Improvement of handover prediction in mobile WiMAX by using two thresholds", Computer Networks, vol. 55, no. 16, pp. 3759 - 3773, 2011.