phone: +420 2 2435 5994
Main research areas
Mobile Edge Computing, Big data in 5G mobile networks
Supervisor: Zdenek Becvar
Jan Plachy received the BSc and MSc degree in telecommunication engineering from the Czech Technical University in Prague, Czech Republic in 2012 and 2014, respectively. Currently, he works towards the PhD degree at the Department of Telecommunication Engineering at the same university with a topic Big data in 5G mobile networks. He was on internships at CEA-Leti, France (2014), and EURECOM, France (2016). Participated in FP7 TROPIC project founded by European Commission, with a goal of designing path selection algorithm for distributed computing. His research interests cover optimization of radio resource management in future mobile networks and transfer of big data over mobile networks.
Selected recent projects
- Game theoretic aspects of wireless spectrum access (07/2016 – 06/2018)
- funded by Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Czech Republic
- main roles: Radio resource allocation and emulation of network
- FP7 TROPIC (09/2012-04/2015)
- funded by European Commission
- main role: design of path selection for distributed computing
Selected recent publications
- Z. Becvar, M. Vondra, P. Mach, J. Plachy, D. Gesbert, "Performance of Mobile Networks with UAVs: Can Flying Base Stations Substitute Ultra-Dense Small Cells?", European Wireless (EW 2017), pp. 1-6, May 2017. BEST PAPER AWARD.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, P. Mach, "Path Selection Enabling User Mobility and Efficient Distribution of Data for Computation at the Edge of Mobile Network", Computer Networks, 2016, in press.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, E. Calvanese Strinati, "Dynamic Resource Allocation Exploiting Mobility Prediction in Mobile Edge Computing", IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC 2016), pp. 1-6, 2016.
- J. Plachy, Z. Becvar, E. Calvanese Strinati, "Cross-layer approach enabling communication of high number of devices in 5G mobile networks", IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications (IEEE WiMOB 2015), 2015.
- Z. Becvar, J. Plachy, P. Mach, "Path Selection Using Handover in Mobile Networks with Cloud-enabled Small Cells", IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (IEEE PIMRC 2014), pp. 1480 - 1485, 2014.
- Z. Becvar, J. Plachy, "Radio Resource Sharing Among Users in Hybrid Access Femtocells", KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (TIIS), Korean Society for Internet Information, vol. 8, no. 8, 2014.
- Best paper award at European Wireless 2017 for paper “Performance of Mobile Networks with UAVs: Can Flying Base Stations Substitute Ultra-Dense Small Cells?”
- Dean’s award for outstanding master thesis “Path Selection for Delivery of Data from a User to Femto-cloud”
Reviewer for journals
- Mobile Networks and Applications
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems